3 Steps to Protect your devices & data
If you do not know how to secure your phones, laptops, tablets, ipads, pc desktop computers – Use this definitive guide to secure all your IOT.
STEP 1. GET SURFSHARK VPN
WHAT IS VPN?
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) protects your connection while you’re using the internet. It makes your browsing private, hides your IP (Internet Protocol) address and ensures your internet service provider (ISP) doesn’t track you.
In a nutshell, a VPN:
- Helps you to stay secure when using any Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Masks your IP (Internet Protocol) address.
- Encrypts your internet traffic, making your browsing more secure and private and if your packets are intercepted, the hacker can’t see the data contained within said packets.
- Allows you to access more internet content and bypass restrictions such as government censorship.
- Ensures that your internet traffic isn’t tracked and recorded, later to be sold by your internet service provider (ISP), ad brokers, or snoops.
STEP 2. USE 2 FACTOR AUTHENTICATION
Google 2 Factor Authentication or 2FA is essential to cybersecurity because it immediately neutralizes the risks associated with compromised passwords. If a password is hacked, guessed, or even phished, that’s no longer enough to give an intruder access: without authentication at the second factor, a password alone is deemed useless.
STEP 3. USE STRONGER PASSWORDS
Living in 2022 means you know that the words “password” and “security” go together. To keep your accounts, information, and devices safe, you’ll need to know how to create a strong password. But you might be asking yourself, “How do I create a secure password?”
Here are the steps on how to create secure password that you can rely on:
- Never use your personal information:
- Include a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters:
- Prioritize password length: Safe passwords should be at least 16 characters long
- Never repeat passwords
- Avoid using real words